August 3, 2009

Playing for Change

On a recent trip to Starbucks to get my usual summertime favorite (iced coffee and 2 Splendas) I found myself tapping my toe to a wonderful, worldly version of a familiar tune. It inspired me in such a way that I not only cracked a pre-caffeine smile, but I purchased the album, Playing for Change and jammed to it for a solid 2 weeks. Come to find out, Playing for Change is more than a catchy beat, it's a wonderfully touching experiment created to bring the world together through song. This crew has has traveled everywhere from the streets of California to Indian reservations to the villages of Africa recording the rawest of talent and the essence of humanity.

Here's the heartwarming video for the aforementioned song. No matter what you're doing today, we hope it lifts your spirits just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment